10.09.2009

{~} Happiness {~}


“I've learned that everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it.”

I read this quote so long ago and it had such a profound meaning to me then. I was in a rough patch of life and needed the most inspirational hearing and this is where I ended up. I would repeat this to myself daily for months just to keep me grounded. Of course somewhere along the line, when I thought I had found my complete happiness, I lost sight of what this quote meant. Now as I sit here typing, mind wandering (it does that alot now), in a state or place where I feel I don't need to be, I am once again drawn to this message..

At the end of 2008, I decided that I was nowhere NEAR where I wanted to be in life.. I had goals that I accomplished and others that were nowhere near my grasp. I felt that major changes had to be made in my life, for my life.. So I decided to give up everything and start from the bottom.. Without a stable foundation, nothing will last, right? So I gave up everything.. My own home, my job and anyone who was not adding value to my life.. It was one of the hardest decisions I have ever had to make, but I made it..

Now as I sit here reflecting on my journey back to the top of the mountain, (I'm nowhere near the top yet) I realize even more how wonderfully incredible this statement is to life.. So often we get caught up in what we believe to be pure happiness that we forget the feelings we encountered along the way to our so-called mountain-top. We encounter fear, anger, disgust, sadness, disappointment and a host of other things, but if you continue in you journey all those negative emotions turn in to wondrous things.. Joy, trust, contentment, acceptance, optimism and happiness above all..

"If you don't like the way things are going, make better choices backed by Faith in your Happiness, Love in your heart and without the illusion of Fear." <== I did!!

Live, Love, Life, ALWAYS..

No comments:

Post a Comment